August 18th, 2016
Hey everybody! It’s me, DoctorShrinker! In case any of you were worried that I’d gotten tied to a chair in Acapulco and tortured for information on American nuclear codes, worry not, I was simply in lovely Chicago, Illinois when the last update was to be written up. But, while Erifrats did a fantastic job, I’ll have to relieve her of duty for now and get back to my old job of informing the masses of TNW’s status!
Now- before I begin, I have an update on updates. I’ve had a few private complaints made by players that I write far too much for the information to be logically legible within short of a half hour. While I was persistent in my continuation of writing novellas for you all every two weeks, I decided that it may be more appropriate to condense the sections more, so that updates are quicker and easier to read. So, we’ll be trying that out this update. Comment below regarding your thoughts on the matter!
- Technical hiccup destroyed a fairly minute portion of advancements with the completion of Havana. 3 interiors are now left once again, along with detailing.
- Between the Cuban mainland and Isla de Juventud, the sand was incredibly higher than in should be. Build Team, and largely our World Painter Lorrain and Austin are working reshaping the ocean floor to make it more suitable for ships to be used.
- Jungle schematics are beginning to be uploaded by our coder Joe to World Painter Lorrain to begin placement on Sunday. This will expedite the tree placement incredibly.
- Inangar and MeowCow_ have begun placement of blueprints for random structures throughout the jungles on the island of Jamaica.
- Noble Applications are now officially open. We may be limiting the number of noble families in the future, and we additionally may be adding benefits to being a member of a noble family.
- Kudos to 7amd and Devil for their continuation with their stories, a long with many other custom lore writers.
- The New World is now officially 1.10.2, with the work of our humble coder Joe, who worked tirelessly last week to update plugins.
- I (DoctorShrinker) have been assigned with the creation of the Class System, which I will very shortly be submitting to our coder Joe to begin work on.
- We may have to remove or limit Exotic Garden to more basic fruits & vegetables to intertwine with the idea of permissions and tier levels
- Erifrats and I (DoctorShrinker) have been working on the Medical Guide for players. This will consist of basic guidelines and modifiers that are staff reliant, primarily statistics relating to chance of infection.
Well, everybody, that was the new format! To close out this update, I’d love to give a personal congratulation to our new Lore Team and App Team member AmparoCastaway who, I believe, has more than proven herself as a reliant member of staff and cannot wait to work more in-depth with in the future.
I hope that you’ve all enjoyed this installment of our weekly updates! For any questions, feel free to leave them down below, and we will be getting to them shortly. Thank you!
Have a Good Weekend!
- DoctorShrinker, Administrator